※ About Android Devices
As of March 2023, the Otamatone Studio app is mainly compatible with iOS devices,
Most Android devices are unable to operate properly.
This is due to the fact that there are many Android devices and each manufacturer has different internal specifications,
The application developers are repeating prototype tests, but the problem has not yet been resolved.
We apologize for the inconvenience, but if possible, please consider using iOS devices.
Otamatone Studio – Trouble shooting
- What shall I do in case there is no sound, sound is not played properly or feedback and noise occur?
- An error might be occurring. Close the app, switch off your device and restart. ※Don’t just reboot your device but completely turn off the power once.
- Some apps don’t function properly if other apps are running in the background. Try closing all other apps.
- What shall I do when I have started the app but the Otamatone makes no sound?
- Make sure your app supports microphone input via a 3.5mm stereo jack. If it doesn’t support microphone input the Otamatone’s signal cannot reach the app.
- Some apps enable you to switch off external speakers. Make sure this function is not activated because otherwise the Otamatone’s speaker will be switched off.
- Make sure your device is not muted and the volume is not too low.
- Some apps only recognize a device if they are running before it is connected. Unplug the cable, close the app and restart it. Then plug in the cable once more.
- What shall I do if effects can barely be heard, there is noise or sound is distorted or too loud?
- Not all synthesizers and effects will alter the Otamatone’s sound. Some have only little or no influence at all. Try another synthesizer or effect or change the Otamatone’s octave (higher octaves are more likely to produce a result).
- Some effects or synthesizers generate noise or distortion on purpose. Some may also change the volume. Choose another effect or synthesizer or try adjusting its settings.
- In case output gets distorted or is too loud the volume of the Otamatone, your device or the app might be too loud. Please check all volume settings.
- Noise and distortion can sometimes be caused by the built-in reverb of an effect. Try pulling down the fader to decrease the effect level.
- What shall I do if effects sound or notes played with the sliding technique get delayed or cause echoes?
- Delayed sounds or unwanted echoes are usually caused by the device you are using. It’s a common phenomenon on Android devices. We are sorry to say that there is currently no solution for this problem.
Otamatone Studio Support
For questions that cannot be solved with our FAQ or other inquiries please send us a mail by filling out the form below.
- We do not offer telephone support.
- Make sure that mails send from @cube-works.co.jp don’t end up in your spam folder.
- There is no confirmation screen after sending an inquiry.
- We may not be able to answer some inquiries and sometimes processing may take some time.